We’ve listed the top tried-and-tested secret house cleaning methods that will have your home looking spick and span in no time at all.
Thought those old-school house cleaning techniques your grandma used to swear by were just a bunch of pointless old wives tales?
It’s understandable you might be a little skeptical at first, but you won’t be poo-pooing these at-home remedies once a splash of soda water rescues your new all-white carpet!
Here’s the pick of the bunch:
- To remove sticky residue e.g. stickers, from hard surfaces use some eucalyptus oil on a cloth and wipe.
- For shiny marble benches or vanity tops buff with car polish.
- To stop mirrors fogging up rub them all over with a bar of soap.
- To remove a red wine stain from carpet, pour soda water over the area and then add salt to act as a buffer to keep the stain from setting.
- To remove oil from carpet place a small amount of shampoo on the area and wipe with a cloth.
- To clean toilet bowls use flat Coke, or a similar product.
- To get blood out of fabrics use hydrogen peroxide.
- To remove pollen use sticky tape to lift off carpet.
- To remove marker pen off hard surfaces, spray on hair spray and then wipe.
- To remove fingerprints from stainless steel appliances, apply baby oil to a cloth and wipe.
- To eliminate a coffee stain blot with detergent and then sponge area with vinegar.
If your home cleaning remedies still aren’t cutting the mustard, consider getting a house cleaning expert in to work their magic.