Last updated: 15th Mar 2018
Cost of rendering a house
Pricing information correct as at March 2018.
To render a wall is to spread a concrete mixture over the surface to create a smooth appearance. Rendering is an affordable way to freshen, update or streamline your homes appearance.
How much does it cost?
Rendering services are charged per square metre and range from $18 to $45/m2. A typical cement rendering job, using a quality render costs $41/m2 on average. The overall cost of the job however depends on the size of the house and the type of rendering material being used and the scope of the project.
- Small property (350m2) cost between $6,300 and $15,750
- Medium property (600m2) cost between $10,800 and $27,000
- Large property (800m2) cost between $14,400 and $36,000
Another factor that can influence the price is the type of finish. Render is traditionally a mix of sand, clay and cement, yet newer mixes have been introduced to the market:
- Bagging render is the most affordable type of render and has a coarse texture.
- Cement render is a mixture of sand, cement and clay or lime, and the most commonly used.
- Polymer Modified Cement render is a pre-mixed render, and while it comes at a higher cost, comes in a range of colours, and has better durability and adherence to surfaces.
- Acrylic render has greater durability than other render mixes and comes in a range of textures.
Ways in which Rendering can add value to your home?
- Refresh and Modernise: rendering is the perfect way to brighten up a shabby looking wall or repair cracked surfaces.
- Insulation: rendering walls can provide a level of insulation for the home. However if you are considering getting external wall insulation it is much cheaper to get this service completed at the same time as your rendering as it can save money and time.
- Avoiding Damp Issues: Brick homes can often be subject to water penetration and damp, yet adding a layer of render is a good way to seal any potential leakages.
What to look for when hiring a rendering service?
- The experience and reviews of the business
- Appropriate licences and insurance
- Don’t go for the cheapest quote, rendering can add up to 10,000 in value to your home so you want to make sure it is done well
Rendering Costs From Real ServiceSeeking Jobs
Job Description: I’m looking to get some rendering done in my home in a dark Gun Grey Shade. I’ve measured it myself rounding it up to 120sqm.
Job Location: Brighton, Melbourne
Cost of this job: $4, 700
Job Description: Looking for tradesman who can do rendering on two external walls with a back pool feature wall. Site visits can be arranged.
Job Location: Maudsland, QLD
Cost of this job: $800
More Price Guides