Last updated: 18th Apr 2019
On average, building and strata maintenance businesses charge around $45/hr for their services. The price can change depending on the type of work, though. Rates can be as low as $40/hr for smaller jobs and as high as $55/hr for bigger jobs.
Beyond cleanups: How building and strata maintenance services work
Building and strata maintenance is more than just making your property look good; it’s about protecting your asset and making sure that it will last for years. Failure to do it regularly could mean flushing money down the drain.
Building maintenance work covers a wide area; that’s why it’s divided into different categories. These include the following:
- Routine maintenance – This includes work that need to be done regularly whether on a daily, weekly, fortnightly, monthly, or quarterly basis.
- Preventive maintenance – Tasks that fall under this category are done to avoid serious problems to your property.
- Corrective maintenance – Jobs that are included in this type of maintenance are mostly repairs and major replacements.
Businesses that offer property maintenance services carry out various work. Some examples are:
- Interior and exterior cleaning
- Gutter cleaning, repair, and replacement
- Roof repair and replacement
- Electrical and fire safety inspections and compliance work
- General repairs
Different locations, varying prices
The cost of building maintenance is similar in Queensland and Victoria where the average rate is $45/hr. This is only slightly lower than what property maintenance specialists in South Australia charge, which is approximately $47.25/hr. The price is higher in New South Wales and Western Australia where the average cost to maintain buildings and stratas is $50/hr.
If you’re after getting value for your money, check out ServiceSeeking.com.au’s building and strata maintenance businesses. We have thousands of tradies who are keen to help you out.
Pricing information correct as at August 2016.
More Price Guides