Last updated: 15th Oct 2018
Office cleaning in Australia costs around $32/hr. Routine cleaning tasks such as vacuuming, mopping, wiping surfaces, and emptying trash bins can go for as low as $30/hr. If your office needs a more in-depth cleaning service, you can be charged up to about $35/hr.
Tetche pays $120 for on-going office cleaning services in her New South Wales property. This price includes wipe down of desks and surfaces, wiping of monitors, disinfecting of phones and keyboards, emptying and replacing of bin bags, and interior window cleaning.
What determines the price of office cleaning services?
There’s a big difference between cleaning houses and cleaning public places such as offices or commercial establishments. Here are the main factors that can affect the cost of an office cleaning job.
- Frequency – Commercial cleaning companies normally charge a lower rate for customers who hire them to do regular cleaning services.
- Time – Since offices and commercial establishments are considered public areas, it is easier to clean these places during non-business hours. That’s why office or commercial cleaning businesses also offer their services at night and on weekends at a premium rate.
- Cleaning products and supplies – Commercial cleaners use extra-strength cleaning products since public areas generally harbour more germs and disease-causing bacteria. They also use heavy-duty cleaning materials such as commercial vacuum cleaners.
- Size of the office or commercial space – The bigger the area, the longer it will take to finish cleaning it. Since most office cleaning jobs are charged by the hour, expect to pay more if your office space is large.
- Insurance – Most companies prefer to hire office cleaning businesses that are bonded and insured to protect them in case something gets damaged, lost, or broken.
Cost of hiring office cleaners in each state
The cost of commercial office cleaning in Queensland, South Australia, Victoria, and Western Australia is around $30/hr, which is the lowest average rate across Australia. Office cleaning
companies in New South Wales are charging an average price of $35/hr. Meanwhile, residents of the Australian Capital Territory are paying approximately $37.50/hr for an office cleaning job.
When it comes to office cleaners, make sure you hire a reputable cleaning company that is licensed, insured, and has plenty of good reviews. You can find a lot of reliable office cleaners at ServiceSeeking.com.au.
Pricing information correct as at August 2016.
More Price Guides