Last updated: 22nd Aug 2019
Last updated: (updated automatically)
The average residential window cleaning cost per hour is $30/hr, while the average window cleaning cost per panel per side is $3. Here are some rough estimates that you can use to calculate your cost of window cleaning.
Window Cleaning Pricing Guide
|Small to Medium House||$180-$250|
|Large Ground Level Homes||$250-$330|
|Two-Storey Houses||$330 and on|
A standard cost for window cleaning is normally around $180. This is the average price for residential window cleaning. It involves average-sized windows in a single-storey house.
Window cleaners usually charge extra fees for cleaning windows on upper floors and window screens. Keep in mind that some window cleaners charge a minimum window cleaning price of $150.
How Much Do Window Cleaners Charge Per Hour?
The average window cleaning cost is around $35/hr. If your window is of a standard size and doesn’t require thorough cleaning, you can pay as low as $30/hr.
However, if you have multiple windows and some of them are difficult to reach, rates can go for as high as $45/hr. Commercial window cleaning cost can go up to $90/hr for high rise buildings.
This type of calculating the cost of window cleaning is great in case your windows are easy to reach and there is not much to clean. You can save some money on your window cleaning by preparing the work for your cleaners.
How to Reduce Your Window Cleaning Cost?
You can reduce your window cleaning cost by making your windows easy to reach. If your window cleaning is charged by the hour, you want to do everything to make the cleaning faster. You can have your window cleaners move around your furniture and trinkets, or you can have them spending their time cleaning.
Here is what you should do to prepare for window cleaning so that your cleaners are faster and more efficient.
- Remove everything that blocks the access to the inside and the outside of your windows. Armchairs, tables, shelves – all of those pieces of furniture can make it more difficult to reach windows.
- Remove everything from the window sills. Your plants, photos and trinkets will have to find a different place to stay until the window cleaning is done. If you don’t want to remove them, your window cleaners will. That may take up to an hour to clear all that up. You will pay for that hour unless you do the decluttering yourself.
- Remove drapes and curtains. Window cleaners will clean your fly screens, window shades and plastic blinds. That will take time. If you rather you did that yourself – remove them. It is best to leave them on and let professional window washers do that for you. However, remove the drapes and curtains, as they are only in your way.
- Keep your pets away. Your cat or your dog can become either too hostile or friendly. Either way, they will prolong the time needed to wash your windows. Consequently, it means higher cost for window cleaning.
- Check the outside of your house for safety. There may be some covered up holes, hornet nests or similar potentially dangerous circumstances. Walk around your house and see if there is anything that requires your attention.
Once prepared for professional window cleaning, you are making sure that your window cleaner is spending their time cleaning. You don’t want them to be forced to waste the time you are paying for removing items from their way or jumping over your playful dog.
How Much Does Commercial High Rise Window Cleaning Cost?
Hight rise window cleaning cost can go anywhere from $180 to over $1,200. Every building is unique, so many professional window cleaners will give you their window cleaning cost estimate only when they see the building in question. Here are some rough estimates:
|High Rise Window Cleaning Cost Calculator for Australia|
|Type of Building||Number of people per team||Daily cost of window cleaning|
|Three-storey office building||At least 2||Minimum of $180 per day|
|High rise buildings||At least 3 people||Minimum of $1,200 per day|
Keep in mind that these prices are just estimates and that some professional window cleaners have a minimum price for project. For example, while the hourly price for commercial window cleaning per person is $85, if the task takes less than 7 hours, the hourly price may be $90.
What Does Window Cleaning Include?
Even before asking for a quote, you can have an idea about whether you’ll be paying a little bit more money than average window cleaning prices in Australia. Here are some factors that directly affect the price of a window cleaning job:
- The number of windows – Window cleaners often charge by the hour or by the number of window panes or windows. Obviously, the more windows you have, the longer it will take to finish the task.
- The amount of dirt and grime – You will be charged a higher rate for cleaning excessive dirt that has built up over time. However, if your windows are regularly cleaned by a professional, this will not be a big problem.
- Ease of access – One of the main reasons people hire a professional window cleaner is because they have the proper equipment to reach windows. There are windows that are not easily accessible such as those on the upper floors or those that are not within arm’s reach. Most window cleaning businesses have a higher cost of window cleaning for these kinds of windows.
- Additional services – Some window cleaning prices in Australia include window screens, sills, and tracks in their service. However, others may charge extra for the upkeep of these parts.
What Are Window Cleaning Prices in Australia?
Residents of New South Wales, Queensland, South Australia, and Victoria are paying approximately $35/hr to have their windows cleaned by professionals.
Western Australia has the lowest cost of window cleaning services at $30/hr.
To get your money’s worth, make sure to hire an established window cleaning company. Before you commit to any of those companies and tradies, ask them how much does window washing cost. They will require some specifics about your home and your windows and give you their window cleaning quote.
Don’t be reluctant to shop around. Set your budget and find a professional window cleaner who will perform a good job for that or a similar amount of money. Ask for quotes from different window cleaners so you can calculate the cost of window cleaning for your house or office in particular.
ServiceSeeking.com.au allows you to get the window cleaning quotes from the most reliable window cleaners in your area.
Pricing information correct as at August 2016.
Disclaimer: Our cost estimates are based on quotes for exterior window cleaning services and are useful as a guide only.
More Price Guides