Getting your windows repaired or replaced will cost you an average of $55/hr in 2016. However, depending on the job and the type of window that you have, this figure can go higher or lower. Simple window repairs can go for as low as $50/hr, while a bigger and more complicated job averages at $56/hr.
Costs of common window installation and repair jobs
|Window Installation and Repair Task||Typical Quoted Prices|
|Install security screens for home windows||$1,100|
|Install aluminium windows||$1,300|
|Install windows for an apartment||$1,600|
|Replace old windows with new ones||$2,500|
|Replace broken glass on windows||$950|
|Replace one bathroom window||$600|
Project matters you can’t afford to ignore
A minor window repair or replacement job typically costs around $194.08. If you’re planning on having your windows tinted, you can expect to pay an average cost of about $179.83 for a basic service.
If you’re looking to install a simple window and the job won’t be too complicated, you can hire a professional tradie to do this at approximately $189.73.
Avoid breaking your budget: Essential cost factors you need to know
The exact amount that you need to shell out for a window repair job depends on the following factors:
- Style – One of the main factors that affect the cost of of a window repair or replacement job is the type of window. Some window types are more difficult to fix or are more expensive than the others. For instance, bifold windows are typically pricier than the usual hinged windows.
- Material – The cost of a specific material varies from another. Vinyl windows, for example, usually cost less than the fibreglass type.
- Complexity of the job – If your window is located in an area that’s hard to reach, expect your window repairer to charge you a higher rate. Special equipment may be necessary, and the job may take longer to finish as well.
- Project Size – More windows means that more materials and time are needed to complete the job.
- Type of damage – The most common problems encountered by homeowners are rotten wood, broken window panes, damaged seals and drafty windows. Depending on the extent of damage, you may have to pay a lower or higher amount than the average cost.
Why window repair or replacement services in Qld are easier on the pocket
At $50/hr, residents of Queensland are enjoying the lowest average rate for window repair and replacement. This price is followed closely by the average cost of window repair in South Australia, which is at approximately $52.50/hr.
In Victoria, you can have your window repaired at an average rate of $55/hr. Meanwhile, the same type of service costs around $60/hr in New South Wales.
If you have a broken window, don’t hesitate to look for a window repair expert to help you out. ServiceSeeking.com.au has a lot of highly skilled tradies who can handle window repair and replacement.
Pricing information correct as at August 2016.
More Price Guides