10 Best Shade Ideas for Pools
Everyone that has the ability to own a pool dreams of having a beautiful backyard around it. However, the cost of installing a pool is no mean feat.
Therefore, one ought to ensure that the space around the pool feels inviting, cool, peaceful for swimmers and at the same time the pool is protected from harm.
Apart from the many ideas that can be used to make a poolside beautiful like flowers, stones, lights, garden furniture among others, people need calming environments.
They want and need protection from the sun’s UV rays, places to sit, beautiful colors and sounds to enjoy, and maybe a spot for cold drinks and food. This can be achieved by shading your pool.
What is a Pool Shade?
Pool shades can be defined as shades by the pool. A shade loosely defined is coolness caused by shelter from direct sunlight.
Therefore, a pool shade is a structure sheltering the pool from direct sunlight. It not only shelters the pool but ensures that people are comfortable when having a swim.
They are able to relax while being shielded from the harsh rays of the sun.
Benefits of having a pool shade
Pool shade structures add style and sun protection to your outdoor pool or aquatic center.
Such structures need to be comfortable, customizable and resilient. USA Shade highlights the benefits of having a pool shade;
- Cool air circulation: Air passes through fabric shade structures at aquatic centers to help keep the areas they cover cool and comfortable.
- They are modern and aesthetic: Pool shade sails are modern, popular and look fantastic. They are classy and elegant. Choose from a range of colors to suit your taste and to match
- UV-blocking material: Shade structures feature the highest quality materials including HDPE which can block up to 96 percent of the sun’s UV rays. With up to 99% UVR block, Rainbow Shade fabrics are specifically designed to protect against the Australian sun.
- Long-lasting design: Pool shade structures are crafted with state-of-the-art machinery, advanced computer technology, and durable materials. They have an average of about 12-15 years life expectancy; some have a 5-year limited warranty against tearing, fraying and cracking.
- A pool shade reduces pool operating costs: They help to keep costs down with less water evaporation occurring.
- Pool shades are versatile: they are compatible with various roof styles, colors, heights, and shapes.
- They protect the pool from garden debris. This makes the pool easier to clean and saves time.
- Pool shades extend outdoor time: Because it’s cooler, users are more likely to enjoy the outdoors for a longer period of time.
- They add value to homes. They are one of the most popular home improvement products used to transform homes especially if one chooses the ultra-modern structures that complement the home’s architectural design.
Pay attention to these two factors: Some Disadvantages to note:
- Some shades may have difficulty withstanding a storm. Therefore, it is important to consider carefully the kind of shade to use on your pool.
- Some low-quality shades can catch fire and cause the fire to spread to attached structures. It is therefore important to buy shades whose fabrics are fire retardant.
Apart from the minor disadvantages as above, pool shades are a welcoming addition to any poolside as seen from the numerous benefits highlighted above.
One ought to do research to determine the best shade that suits their home. Some of the shades that can be used by the pool are highlighted below.
How to best shade your pool
Shades vary best on types, size, color, the location where they are being installed, convenience and durability. Some of the best pool shades to consider include;
1. Shade Sails
These interestingly shaped sails can be placed in an array of unique angles, giving a pool a very edgy and modern look.
They are good for nature. They do not use a lot of timber to construct. They also keep the house cool, so one does not need to use the cooling system on hot afternoons.
They also have a variety of colors and designs which can match the architecture of any home. However, they can be surprisingly expensive to maintain sites Shadefxcanopies.
They are also quick to install and remove in case of harsh weather conditions that can affect them.
2. Retractable Shade Canopies
These large canopies run across the pool along beams spanned between support posts on each side of the pool, giving homeowners an easy and very stylish way to shade a pool.
A pergola can provide ambient shade with just the right amount of filtered light over a pool. Placing a pergola over one end of a pool can also create a great, visual centerpiece. For more info read Pergola building materials.
Freestanding umbrellas, such as the ones that have provided shade by pools for decades now, are a great option for those who want flexible and moveable shade.
Cantilevers use a single support structure on one side. Support posts are driven into the cement around the pool. A canopy extends over the pool from the support posts. This provides shade for poolside guests and those in the water.
6. Retractable enclosures
These enclosures are skeletal structures constructed from a series of arched trusses that nest into each other when retracted. The shades run between each section of the enclosure, providing as much or as little shade as homeowners want any moment of the day.
7. Poolside freestanding structures
These are for those who do not want to shade the pool itself but still want refuge from the sun. You can place one of these freestanding structures right next to a pool, placing lounge chairs and other outdoor accessories in it to create a relaxing environment.
8. Patio covering
Attached to the home, patio covers may have a solid roof or an open roof of trellis or lattice. The additional shade will reduce your energy bills as well as protect expensive patio furniture.
Canopies reduce the harmful effects of the sun on your tables and chairs. They also allow guests to leave their belonging son the poolside table comfortably without worrying about sun damage.
10. Folding Arm Awnings
This is for people that need pool shades with style. They provide great weather protection on demand and are water resistant proving to be one of the best pool shades available.
Fold arm awnings provide extra room without construction costs but still gives you stylish upmarket design and the 100% protection of canvas.
Get a Professional Shade Installer
It is important to note, quality shades will never go out of style. They create allure and add glamour to your pool area, while at the same time protecting you and your family from the heat and from Ultra Violet rays.
Choose the best type of shade to install within budget. Contact Service Seeking for the best pool and pool installation rates.
They will give you a wide variety of shades to choose from and advice on who best to work with for a satisfactory job.
If looking for shade structures that are fashionable and stylish, and you need an installer, check out the Shade Sail Installation suppliers in Service Seeking.