Image Courtesy of United Handyman Association
- Women are less likely to complain about wasting their time than men (34% v 40%).
- Men are less likely to complain about being physically exhausted than women (14% v 22% of women)
- 35% of men will try DIY most of the time before hiring a tradie versus 24% of women
- While women are less likely to DIY, men more often find that their DIY job doesn’t turn out how they picture it (42%)
Where we agree:
- Only 4% of both men and women rated getting dirty as the worst part of DIY
- Fixing a leaking tap isn’t high on their list of unpleasant DIY jobs (men at 11% and women 10%)
So in the end, who wins the renovations battle of the sexes? From an economical stance men take the Gold, more often choosing to DIY to save money. Yet with DIY they run the risk of the job not turning out the way it was supposed to. So in terms of efficiency, women take the Gold by opting to get the job done by a professional.