B.C.A., M.B.S.(HONS), F.C.P.A., A.G.I.A., A.I.P.A.
Intelliquest Pty Ltd (ABN 59091496016)
1. Bachelor of Commerce & Administration (Economics Major).
2. Master of Business Studies (Hons) (Business Administration and Finance Majors).
1. Fellow member of CPA Australia and Institute of Public Accountants (FCPA, FIPA).
2. Member of Governance Institute of Australia and Chartered Secretaries Australia (AGIA, ACIS).
3. BAS Agent (Reg No: 27670001) with current professional Indemnity Insurance to 7 September 2018.
4. Professional Practice License of Institute of Public Accountants (Certificate No: 4231).
PROFESSIONAL INDEMNITY INSURANCE
Certificate of currency to 7 September 2018
Peter is a qualified accountant with over 20 years’ experience in financial and management accounting. He has held senior accounting roles and Company Secretary Positions with both ASX listed companies and proprietary companies including a listed US Fortune 500 Company. He has wide industry experience across industries such as financial services, manufacturing, professional chartered accountants office, wholesale and retailing, franchising, importing, exporting and hospitality. His experience in Accounting and Company Administration will complement the Board of a company and provide strong stability in financial management, risk management, compliance and corporate governance.
1. Preparation of monthly and annual accounts, both for local management and for US Head Office reporting package.
2. Standard Journal, General Ledger and Accrual Journals.
3. Monthly reconciliation of all Balance Sheet accounts as specified by the US Accounting Head Office.
4. Maintaining the Fixed Asset system.
5. Review coding of creditors invoices for inputs and ensure compliance with Purchase Order Approvals.
6. Co-ordination of all monthly close-off.
7. Preparation of department of statistic returns.
8. Maintain Trial Balance.
9. Complete taxation returns, FBTS, withholding tax and monthly BAS statements.
10. Providing financial and analytical assistance to plant managers.
11. Driving improvement initiatives (cost/saving analysis, capital expenditure documentations).
12. Budgeting process.
13. Inventory: track, analyze and report.
14. Freight: track, analyze and report.
15. Management of finance team: AR, AP and Payroll.
16. Assist Managing Director and Department Heads in the completion of budget and forecasting.
17. Assuring compliance to Sarbanes Oxley internal control standards and Foreign Corrupt Practices Act through yearly testing and effective internal control design.
18. Completion of Quarterly Report, such as SOX, AR and Sales Report Comparison, etc.
19. Ensure that all Finance activities comply with local and US Acts, legal demands and ethical standards.
20. Adhere to the requirements and responsibilities detailed in the Company’s Corporate Policy Manual.
21. Process all administration and provide reports that comply with the Sarbanes Oxley Act to ensure compliance with annual audits.
22. Assist in the company’s requirements for new IT systems to ensure continued productivity and customer service.
23. Deal with multi-currencies in MYOB software and accounts receivables and accounts payable. Involved with currency hedging and accounting reporting.
24. Financial and Management Reporting directly to the owners and major shareholders including such as BAS, SGL, Tax Return and related responsibilities pertaining to this role.
25. Actively review financial and management reports to identify, analyze and report trend variations. Recommend corrective strategies to Management/Owners and relevant stakeholders.
26. Assess, analyze and explain variance to management in order to ensure accurate reporting and financial insight for potential drivers of variances when required.
27. Present to the management, financial and non-financial results, performance drivers, scenarios and recommended action plans in order to improve business performance.
28. Provide direction and guidance on the change initiatives, financial implications, resourcing commitment and delivery dates to maximize change agenda benefits/value to the organization.
29. Prepare the strategic and operational Financial/Business Plan to ensure business commitments and objectives are met through effective stakeholder’s engagement, understanding of business condition over the plan period ahead of group requirements for the earnings growth.
30. Ensuring the accurate and timely operation of the Payroll, Accounts Receivables and Accounts Payable functions.
31. Ensuring timely lodgment of returns to comply with statutory legislative requirements.
32. Reconciled monthly all subsidiary ledgers and balance sheet items.
33. Prepare Annual Budget in collaboration with responsible managers and executive managers.
34. Continuing cash flow management with a view to protect the company from insolvency and liquidity problems which impact on ability to retain market share in the highly competitive consumers markets.
35. Manage foreign exchange risks by actively participating in the forward exchange contracts and currency /exchange rate hedging.
36. Proficient in R & D tax concessions.
37. Risk Management such as insurance, OH&S and related issues.
38. Provide strategic advice on new markets and products in the areas of pricing, costing, logistics and financial budgets.
39. Continue to monitor the company’s financial and operational planning.
40. Conduct reviews and evaluations for cost-reduction opportunities.
41. Mentor and train less qualified/experienced staff.
42. To provide financial analysis and feasibility studies on new business opportunities.
Contract Job with an SME Importer and other entities - 2017
1. Successfully completed FY 30 June 2016 backlog of reconciliations, tax returns, SMSF super funds for all entities (about 18) at the same time maintaining current period’s period accounts are timely processed.
2. Documented Accounting Procedures to ensure future compliant with audits and internal controls.
3. Reviewed and eliminated duplication and excessive paper records keeping
procedures thus increasing productivity.
4. Successfully set up reporting system for all smaller private entities to cloud-based Xero away from manual cash book system based on excel entries, saving hundreds of hours.
Contract Job with a Membership/Hospitality Company - 2017
1. Creating an accounting reporting system from start with incomplete records to comply with statutory legislations such as BAS, Work cover, Payroll Tax, Superannuation Levy, etc.
2. In his absence, performing the major roles of the General Manager such as dealing and negotiating with stakeholders (members ‘association, suppliers, outsourced landscapers, and local and commonwealth bodies) regarding commercial issues.
3. Implemented a compliance manuals to address risk for the Company such as insurance, lift maintenance, fire alarm (CFA) ,air-conditioning all all necessary conditions to comply with Building Code of Australia, the local council’s health regulations (The Food Act) ,the Body Corporate, Environmental Protection Agency and The Melbourne Water (water usage rights).
4. Implemented Human Resources Manual to comply with Fair Works Australian Acts and OH&S regulations.
5. Completed of over one year overdue BAS, Work cover Levy, SGL obligations and Payroll Tax. and negotiated for lesser penalty.
6. Mentoring qualified accounting staffs on all technical accounting matter as to equip them to do their jobs accurately and productively.
Job with an Importer/Exporter in FMCG Company – 2011to 2016
1. Introduce and implement cash management tools to better manage cash flow and avoid insolvency.
2. Manage substantial foreign currency transactions by Foreign Exchange contracts and timing of payments schedule to minimize foreign currency risk.
3. Strategic review of all operations and profit margins analysis with the view to prune off non performing cost centres
4. Advised the company to go on-line to increase profit margin and started a new source of revenue stream.
Consulting Job with a Master Franchisor and – Jan 2009 to May 2009 (5 months)
1. Successfully complete all reconciliations and set up compliant Manuals and
Accounting Procedures to ensure future compliant with audits and internal controls.
2. Train existing accounting employees to comply with monthly internal controls procedures.
3. Successfully set up reporting system for Master Franchisor and franchisees to enable timely records of accurate figures for franchisor to produce periodical reports and KPIs. (Non-existence before my tenure).
Consulting Job with an IT wholesaler Company – December 2008 to February 2009 (3 months)
1. Train second tier managers on MYOB payroll and other functions to ensure accountability and maximum transparencies in transactions and dealings with staffs, creditors and third parties to minimize risk and exposures to legal liabilities.
2. Detailed weaknesses in the business management and operational issues and recommended actions which are in progress of implementation.
Job with a Professional Accounting Firm – May 2008 to November 2008 (7 months)
1. Successfully complete full audit process and annual reporting stage on time for two clients with minimal training and support from the firm.
2. Provide enhanced models in the processes to create more efficiency and added value in the provisions of services to clients in the future. Highlighted structural weaknesses in the business model and recommended actions which were progressively being implemented.
Job with a USA Fortune 500 company – Jan 2005 to April 2008 (3 years 4 months)
The Accountant have already left our Queensland based Office when I started work. I am responsible for transferring the account functions to Melbourne. I established computer network to link all centres such as NSW, Victoria and Queensland. I implemented the redesigning of the Chart of Accounts to streamline and implement reporting spread sheets for local and overseas reporting package.
CURRENT POLICE CHECK
I have a current Police Check Report (available on request)
Available on request