What is the ID Check?
We check the identity of every business and business contact person on ServiceSeeking.com.au. This includes a check on the company’s ABN as well as the contact person’s name and address.
Why do we do an ID Check?
✓ To ensure everyone quoting on our site can be trusted by our customers
✓ To stop dodgy business people who use fake names and operate unregistered companies from using ServiceSeeking.com.au
✓ To give customers peace of mind
How does it work?
Log in to your account, go to https://www.serviceseeking.com.au/id_check/details, and follow these simple steps:
1. Confirm your ABN.
2. Agree to quote only on jobs that you’re qualified to do.
3. Enter your Australian Drivers Licence or Australian Passport Information.
4. Add your licence number if your industry requires one.
5. Register your credit card details.
Are my ID documents safe?
Yes. We store all documents securely and do not make them public. Check out our Security Fact Sheet for more information.
What if I don’t have an ABN?
You can go here to apply for one. If you have all your information ready to go (i.e. your tax file number and business details), your ABN should be issued immediately.
What if I don’t have an Australian Drivers Licence or Australian Passport?
You can email a clear copy of your primary and secondary document to email@example.com for manual ID verification.
Accepted PRIMARY documents:
- International Passport
- Australian Government-issued IDs with your photo on it other than Drivers Licence
Accepted SECONDARY documents (must be at least 5 months old and must show your name, your present physical address, and its issue date on it):
- Phone/Utility Bill
- Bank Statement
- Council Rates Notice
- Taxation Notice or Centrelink Statement