Electrical fixtures and appliances make our everyday lives run smoothly. From the moment you wake up and even after you fall asleep, electrical appliances like lamps and air conditioning units help make life more comfortable and easier. This is why when any of these electrical devices fail, it can really affect your normal routine.
Common electrical problems:
- Flickering lights - This is often caused by a loose or defective light bulb. If tightening or changing the light bulb does not fix the issue, have it checked by an electrician.
- Power points that do not work - It could be a wiring problem. Nothing that a qualified electrician cannot fix.
- Electrical appliances breaking down - When something doesn’t work, it doesn’t always mean that you have to replace it with a new one. An electrician can take a look to see if it’s something that can still be fixed.
- Electrical shocks - If you feel a mild shock when touching an appliance, a ground fault or perhaps improper electrical wiring may be the issue.
- Overheating of electrical fixtures and appliances - While all gadgets and appliances when used for too long has the tendency to heat up, it’s not supposed to overheat especially if you haven’t been using it for too long.
- Burning odour or sparks - You are not supposed to see any type of spark or smell any burnt odour when you turn on or plug in your appliances. When any of these happen, immediately unplug the appliance and inform other members of the household not to use it until it has been checked by a qualified electrician.
When it comes to electrical installation, maintenance, and repairs, it’s important to only let a professional handle these kinds of tasks.
Safety - This alone is reason enough to hire a licensed electrician for all electrical-related jobs. An electrician has the knowledge, training, and experience required to handle electrical work. Asking an amateur to do the rewiring of your house is just asking for trouble. Aside from making sure that you, your family, and your property are safe, you also need to make sure that the person you hire is safe. When you hire an amateur electrician and they get hurt on the job, you can be held liable for that since anyone working within your property premises is your responsibility.
Professional work - It’s more economical down the road to hire the right person or tradie for the job even if it costs more if it means that the job gets done right the first time. When a job is done by an amateur, they can just be offering a band-aid solution to the problem. A professional electrician on the other hand will get right down to the root of the problem and correct whatever is wrong. Some qualified electricians even offer a guarantee on the work that they do. This gives you peace of mind knowing that what they did is not just a short-term fix.
What does an electrician do
Electricians handle different tasks. Here are some of the common services that they offer:
- Install and maintain electrical wiring
- Inspect electrical components and do troubleshooting
- Data cabling
- Ceiling fan installation
- Wall TV mounting
- Emergency electrical services
- Switchboard upgrade
- Fault finding
- Test and tag services
Cost of hiring an electrician
Just like with any other type of service, prices depends on a variety of factors such as scope and type of the job. For emergency electrical repairs in the middle of the night, you can expect to be charged more for their service. Where you are located can also be a factor since there are states and territories that offer a lower rates for electrical services.
Their qualifications, years of experience, and skill level can also greatly affect electrician quotes. To save money on electrical jobs, you can choose a fairly new but licenced electrician for simple electrical jobs such as installing light fixtures. However, make sure to hire a more experienced electrician for more complex jobs such as rewiring an old house.
If you are looking for a qualified electrician, then you’ve come to the right place. All you need to do is post the details of your electrical repair job and wait for electrical contractors to send you their quotes.
Here are some feedback from customers who have hired electricians through ServiceSeeking.com.au.
"Ray and his team did all the electrical work during my 60-year-old house renovation. Ray organized his work well to fit the overall schedule and never hold up anyone. He used top brand products and the labor work was just fantastic. What made Ray special was that he took the best of our interest to meet our budget when we had to rewire our powerpoints with burnt wires. Ray was also happy to do extra little work out of quote free of charge. And Ray even took time to come back to do little amendment after the full payment during busy Chirstmas season while lots of tradesmen never show up when they say 'shortly'. The overall price was pretty competitive and someone even quoted me the same price for half of the work. Reliable Aussie pals, highly recommend!" - Bill
"Fantastic Service. John went above and beyond with his work. There were a few hiccups with the electrical in the house I brought but John was happy to take the time and fix it all without an issue. Great service and great price. I will definitely be getting John out again while the reno's continue. thanks again." - Lisa from Victoria Point, QLD
"David was so friendly, reliable and easy to communicate with and work with. He was really patient with all our changes and was also very well priced. He did a great job and would recommend him and will use him again for future Electrical work." - Camilla from Corinda, QLD